An update for our Water World Community.
Since our last update, our team has been working diligently (utilizing resources from industry associations and leaders as well as the CDC and other health experts) to create a guide to park opening, keeping in mind there is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread through the use of pool water. This guide addresses all aspects of our operations for guest and team member safety including social distancing, sanitization, reduced capacity and updated guidelines & practices. We are proud of this work and the ability to adjust our operations to a “new normal”.
We previously shared that as a community-owned summer destination we pride ourselves on both serving our community and creating amazing memories and experiences for our guests and team members alike. Safety and well-being of our guests and team members is, as it has always been, our top priority.
Preparing the park each year (including the on-boarding and training of our team) takes months of work. Under the current restrictions, we are still unable to conduct required team training. These processes all take considerable time under normal circumstances.
We have monitored all Colorado public health orders including State, County, City and Health Department and we are currently not permitted to open Water World. At this time and in direct consultation with public officials, there is no indication that an aquatic park of our size and scope, which operates with larger guest attendance, will be permitted to open within our short summer operating season.
With this information and guidance in hand, we’ve made the difficult decision to cancel our 2020 operating season. We are deeply disappointed, and this is not a decision that comes lightly. Ultimately though, we care about our community and we’ll do our part to get our great State of Colorado back on its feet.
In a time where guidance seems to be ever-changing, we will communicate with you should there be any updates or changes to share.
So, what happens next?
- We remain committed, as always, to providing outstanding Guest Service.
- All purchased Splash Passes (and associated Bring a Friend Tickets and upgrades) had already been automatically extended for use through the 2021 season. Additionally, each Splash Pass will automatically receive up to $30 in Future Fun Bucks to spend in the park as well an exclusive preview day to be held early in the 2021 season. Please visit our Guest Service FAQ page for additional Splash Pass information and other pass options.
- Any single day ticket with a 2020 expiration date had already been automatically extended to expire on the same month/day in 2021. Please visit our Guest Service page to find answers to many questions and additional information.
- For those asking about the availability of purchasing 2021 Splash Passes and tickets-thank you! Please visit our Guest Service FAQ page for additional information!
- Seasonal Team Members, please visit our Team Member Support Page for additional information.
- Our Maintenance and Operations Teams will spend the summer making enhancements to the park, so we’ll shine brighter than ever for opening day in 2021!
Looking ahead to 2021, and you heard it here first, we’ll have some EXCITING news to share with you over the summer!
On behalf of our entire team we hope that you and your family remain well, and we will miss seeing you this summer! Water World is a park built on fun, togetherness and creating shared experiences and memories. Summer’s just not summer without Water World. It’s true, but we will all get through this together and know that we’ll be right here ready to provide those amazing experiences and memories for you in 2021 (and some new ones as well)! Sunny days are truly ahead!